Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rubrics

Rubrics are a great form of assessment. They are clear and concise, which enables parents and children to understand how the teacher is grading student work. Handing out rubrics before an assignment is due also helps students figure out what the teacher is going to be looking for, which facilitates their ability to be more efficient in their work. I love the idea of giving students rubrics so that they can grade themselves. If students are honest with their self evaluations they might be able to realize what they could improve on next time. I was never given a self evaluation while I was in school, but I have seen it done in the school that I work at. I see the kids put forth more effort because they want to deserve the grade they give themselves. I'm so excited to use RubiStar because now it won't take me forever to actually make rubrics, so I'll be able to use them even more in my lessons!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found this Moduel useful.

    As as I said to you in person, I loved the pizza rubric. Maybe you can describe this in a future blog!

    ReplyDelete