Thursday, March 12, 2009

Teacher Expectations

There is so much that one can hope to expect from her students. Respect is one of my key hopes for when I become an educator. I doubt that much learning can be achieved if the students do not value the teacher’s time and hard work. I expect that my students will see me as someone that is kind but firm and approachable. I know that if I show students the respect that they each deserve that it will be given in return. I also expect students to do all of their own work, and not cheat. They may have that proclivity for trickery, but I hope that since I would not deceive them they would offer me the same courtesy. I expect that students will feel comfortable enough with me that they can come to me with questions about problems that are school, home, and socially related. I do expect quite a bit from my students, but most of all I have to expect the unexpected because kids will be kids no matter how tremendous one is as a teacher or how well behaved the students are.

No comments:

Post a Comment